Faro Focus Swift
The Focus Swift is the first fully integrated indoor mobile mapping solution and is designed to accomplish large-area as-built capturing tasks with minimal time and effort.
It is an innovative product that delivers better data faster and provides the most accurate measurements wherever needed.
As its name suggests, Swift is fast. Depending on accuracy requirements, the innovative device is capable of taking mobile scans of large complex areas up to 10 times faster than traditional static scans. Users can also directly import in any CAD system with 3D point cloud capabilities while simplifying their modeling with automated processes and optimizing their scan to BIM workflow. Lightweight and portable, Swift is ideal for indoor scans of factories, office buildings, hospitals, and retail shops. Its intuitive, easy-to-use functionality combines the best of a FARO Focus Laser Scanner with FARO’s ScanPlan 2D mapper and revolutionary SCENE mobile laser scanning software.
The device’s simple push operation and comfortable handles, along with continuous cable-free operation without external power, means that operators can work faster and smarter while delivering better quality scans and enjoy a significant reduction in on-scene and processing time.
Compact for transport and crafted to fit in only two carry-on sized cases, the carbon fiber tripod and three-wheeled vehicle that accompany Swift can be easily folded for travel. It is features like this that make the 39lb device a high-value cutting-edge product, destined to increase productivity and reduce inefficiency. Additionally, its user interface is compatible to run on any mobile phone, so operators have real-time awareness of how much of a job has been completed.
- Technical Specifications
Lightweight and Mobile 17.5 kg
- Easy to walk with in indoor locations with less bulk
- Ideal for fast walk-throughs or detailed scans
- Compatible with FARO As-Built, BuildIT Construction and WebShare Cloud
- Directly imports in any CAD system with 3D point cloud capabilities
- Simplifies modeling workflow with automated processes
- Optimizes scan to BIM workflow
Speed vs. Accuracy
- As-built capturing jobs that would require, for example, one hour or more with stationary 3D laser scans could be accomplished in about six minutes with Swift
- Provides 3D accuracy from 2 mm to 10 mm
- Scans up to 1 million points per second via mobile and 2 million via stationary
- Comfortable handles with simple push operation
- Lightweight for easy mobility and setup wherever needed
- Versatile for factories, office buildings, hospitals and more
- Eliminates manual processing steps
- Combines several leading technologies, including FARO’s patented Focus Laser Scanner
Wide Operating Temperatures
- Designed for a wide range of thermal conditions, operating from 5C to 40C
- Can be stored in temperatures up to 60C, although 25C is recommended
Powerful Output Options
- Exports scan points
- Compatible with ASTEM 57, LAS, XYZ file formats
Enhanced Battery Operation
- Two hours on a 14.4v internal battery
- Operation time can be extended using additional battery packs
- Continuous cable-free operation without external power
Product Downloads Section
FARO Swift - Connecting the Laser Scanning and the Scan Plan
Connecting the FARO ScanPlan and the FARO Focus is easy and solidifies the system that creates screaming fast 3D scanning. See how in this video.
FARO Swift - Setting Up the System
Assembling the FARO Swift is quick and easy. See how here.