Faro Scene Software
The most intuitive and efficient software for scan data processing and registration
SCENE software is specifically designed for all Focus and third-party laser scanners. Process and manage scan data efficiently and easily by using real time, on-site registration, automatic object recognition, scan registration, and positioning. Generate high-quality data in full color quickly and conveniently by incorporating images from automated targetless and target-based scan positioning.
Users can begin the evaluation and processing immediately by performing simple measurements, creating stunning 3D visualizations or exporting to various point cloud and CAD formats once SCENE has prepared the scan data. In addition SCENE features an impressive Virtual Reality View, allowing users to experience and evaluate captured data in the VR environment.
Share and collaborate worldwide anytime, anywhere with SCENE WebShare Cloud – a hosted web-based service from FARO for easy and secure sharing of scan project data.
For a secure, non-internet based project sharing solution, use SCENE 2go to distribute read-only scan projects with partners and customers.
- Technical Specifications
Improved RCP Export
- Now provides faster and more versatile exporting of scan data as a project, cluster, single scan, or sections of scans into Autodesk RCP/RCS point cloud format.
Moving Objects Filter
- Automatically remove unwanted objects that moved through a scene while it was being scanned, such as people or vehicles.
- For two, or more, registered scans, the new Moving Objects Filter makes it much faster for users to remove an object that shows up in one over-lapping scan, but not the other.
Export and Import 3D Models in .obj Format with Textured Meshes
- The Export .obj feature now adds the ability to include textured meshes where a section of a point cloud can be exported from SCENE and brought into FARO Zone 3D (or other applications) where it is displayed in color and can be manipulated as a 3D model.
- These models can now also be imported into SCENE in .obj format.
- Mesh manipulators, that are made of translation and rotation handles make placement of meshes manually and much easier.
Rescanning of Distant Targets
- SCENE 2018 supports the new scanner functionality equipped with rescanning of distant areas that need to be scanned with higher resolution, either to perform accurate target recognition or to capture smaller areas with greater detail accuracy.
Laser-HDR* Image Creation
- The new Laser High Dynamic Range (Laser-HDR) function in SCENE 2018 extends the classical scanner HDR functionality by an ingenious image creation option that allows existing Focus customers to achieve similar HDR results in a substantially short amount of time.
Export of high resolution panoramic images
- SCENE now exports high resolution panoramic images from even low resolution scans.
- In addition to time savings, users no longer need additional equipment, such as a separate digital camera, on site.
Impressive Virtual Reality Viewer
SCENE’s Virtual Reality functionality permits viewing project point clouds in full detail.
Users can select between Oculus Rift and HTC Vive glasses to experience and explore on-site situations back in the office in immersive detail.
Flexible Data Registration
Shared markers (coded targets) support combined harmonized FARO Focus and Freestyle data processing and registration.
Real Time On-Site Registration
SCENE features a real time, on-site registration which enables 3D scan data to be wirelessly transmitted, processed, aligned and registered directly to an onsite mobile device or PC in real time*.
Scanner Control Task
Now user is able to control the FARO FocusS or FocusM Laser Scanner remotely by directly connecting to the device wirelessly via the SCENE user interface.
View settings for overview maps allow to set up background color, scan point color and highlight color.
Overview maps can now be used as layout plans in SCENE and therefore also exported to WebShare as layered maps.
Verify and adjust the scanner’s compensation on-site or in the office.
SCENE and SCENE LT support this functionality for all new FocusS Laser Scanners.*
3D Mesh Engine
The SCENE 3D mesh engine creates watertight meshes of scanned object surfaces in rich detail from 3D selections or clippings.
A new smoothing option reduces measurement noise and create meshes with a smooth texture.
Supported mesh formats are: .stl, .obj, .ply and .wrl (VRML).
Powerful solid 3D surfaces rendering
The state-of-the-art solid surfaces rendering engine is capable of displaying enormous amounts of scan points very quickly and with high quality.
The fully automatic HDR mapping function permits to preserve the image details and colour appearance of the scan data registered with a Focus Laser Scanner** even in challenging lighting situations.
The Ortho-Image function allows users to create ortho-images in every alignment of the image plane.
Users can also export the 2D images in x-ray mode via the common image file types and as 2D/ 3D .dxf files.
Intuitive user interface
Upload scans, sections, and complete project point clouds directly to WebShare Cloud with all applied filters resulting in exceptional 3D visual 3D quality data.
WebShare Cloud Integration
Upload scans, sections, and complete project point clouds directly to WebShare Cloud with all applied filters resulting in exceptional 3D visual quality data.
Plug-Ins for extended functionality
The unique plug-in interface lets permits users to extend SCENE´s functionality by installing additional apps.
All apps are on the FARO 3D App Center.
*Available for FocusS Laser Scanners only.
**Available for scanners with HDR functionality only.
FARO SCENE System Requirements
- Processor: 8 physical cores (for example, Intel Core i7, Core i9 or Xeon)
- Graphics Card: Dedicated graphics card, OpenGL 4.1 or higher, at least 16 GB Memory;
For Stereo Rendering: NVIDIA Quadro;
For VR Rendering: NVIDIA 1080GTX or similar
3D headset: Oculus Rift or HTC Vive with Touch Controllers
- Main Memory : 64 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Drive: 1 TB Solid State Drive + Regular HDD
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Screen resolution: 1920×1080
- 3D Connexion Space Mouse with latest drivers.
- Internet connection for licensing SCENE
* Good for projects where the laser scanner resolution does not exceed 1/4, or the project size is less than 10 scans, and you are not using stereo rendering. Exceeding this may cause slow processing speed.
Product Downloads Section
FARO SCENE 2019 - What's NewIntroducing Noise Filtering from Moving Objects, Export Models, Improved Processing Performance, Retake Photo Option and Many More with SCENE 2019 and the Latest Focus Firmware Update.