Total station control for Grader
Finish Grading Robotic Based Local Positioning
3D GPS+ and 3D-millimeter GPS+ systems work extremely well when machines are capable of receiving GPS satellite signals, but what happens when the jobsite does not have visibility to open sky? Working between buildings or in heavy tree coverage can limit the performance of a 3D-GPS controlled machine. In these situations PS Robotic Total Station (Local Positioning System) is ideal.
Rather than GPS signals, PS Robotic Total Station utilizes a high-accuracy, fast auto-tracking Total Station to maintain machine position information via machine mounted prism. As it tracks the machine/prism, the Total Station maintains exact machine position / grade information per an internally loaded digital site plan. Grade adjustments are then transmitted to the machine 20 times per second via radio from the Total Station. It's simple, reliable, and the perfect alternative when GPS reception is limited. Compatible with Topcon's machine mounted GPS grade control components, it's a quick and easy change to swap LPS for GPS and keep productivity to a maximum.
Based on our popular PS robotic total station platform, the PS Robotic Total Station offers high accuracy position control over your entire site, to within a few millimeters. Topcon's new robotic total stations utilize the patented XTrak technology to track machines at speeds up to 35 MPH. Machine and blade position is updated 20 times per second, fast enough to meet the tightest jobsite specs. This speed and accuracy makes difficult and complex sites easy to grade.
Switching existing GPS+ systems to PS Robotic Total Station is simple. Put up the total station on a control point, place a 360° prism on the vibration pole and a radio in the MC-R3 and you're ready to go to work. The robotic total station locates the 360° prism and sends the X, Y, Z position of the cutting edge to the machine via radio link. The operator can now work as before, but with very high accuracy. Obstructions to the sky no longer hinder your work or slow you down. Whatever the conditions are at the job, PS Robotic Total Station can help you get it done fast and accurately.
- Topcon Xtrak prism tracking technology.
- 20Hz update rate.
- Long range 2.4Ghz interference free radio communications.
- GX-60 control box runs LPS, GPS and all 3D controls.
- Visual graphic on display for acquiring lost beam.
- Insures all your jobsites have 3D control 24/7.
- High accuracy for tight tolerance projects.
- Simple & fast conversion between LPS and GPS.
- Same robot used with Pocket 3D as layout/grade checking tool.
- For use with Motor Graders and Bulldozers.
PS Robotic Total Station - An EASY Upgrade to Topcon's G63 Motor Grader and Z63 Bulldozer 3D GPS+ Systems
PS Robotic Total Station grade control system is a seamless upgrade to Topcon's 3D GPS+ based G63 Motor Grader and Z63 Bulldozer grade control systems. G63 / D63 3D-GPS+ systems feature:
GX-60 - The World's Easiest-To-Use Operator's Interface
Topcon's G63 and Z63 3D grade control systems feature the most advanced Operator interface available, Topcon's GX-60 touch sensitive control box. Light and compact with a full-color LCD touch sensitive screen, Topcon's GX-60 is a fully functioning Windows® computer that provides the operator with real-time grade information and control. Constructed of a strong cast housing and sealed internals, the GX-60 will be a refreshingly simple alternative to other operator interfaces.
GX-60 Control Box Features Include:
- 512 Mb Internal Compact Flash Drive.
- 650 MHz Intel CPU.
- Windows XP Operating System.
- USB, Ethernet, RS-485, CAN, and RS-232 ports.
- Sealed Housing with Gortex Vent.
- Audio Speaker.
- Internal Backup Battery.
- Ambient Light Sensor for Sharp Contrast on the Display.
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology.
MC-R3 – Machine Control Receiver 3
Topcon's MC-R3 houses the PS Robotic Total Station controller and radio board in a built-to-last housing.Providing either solid brackets for permanent mounting or magnetic mounting for portability. A built-in MINTER panel provides status lights and function keys for easy performance verification and system checks. The MC-R3 can be easily upgraded to add GPS capabilities providing the utmost in system upgradability.
- Technical Specifications
- Supply Voltage: 10-30 Volts
- Operating Temperature: -20 to 60 Celsius
- Water Proof: MIL STD 810D Method 506
- Standard: 1 year
- Valve Type: Sink, Source, Servo
- Valve Driver Over Current : Yes
- Display: 640x840 Color VGA
- LED Displays: Grade Indicators
- Data/Memory Port: Compact Flash & USB
- Operating System: Windows XP
- Backlight: Auto adjusting
Compatible Add-on Kits
- Laser Receivers: Yes
- Millimeter GPS: Yes
- Slope Control: Yes
- Sonic Tracker: Yes
- TM-1/LS-B2: Yes
Product Downloads Section
Topcon LPS for Grader
Topcon LPS on a John Deere 772GP Grader.