DJI Phantom 4 RTK
Upgrade your next mapping mission with the Phantom 4 RTK – DJI's most compact and accurate low altitude mapping solution.
Next Generation Mapping
DJI has rethought its drone technology from the ground-up, revolutionizing its systems to achieve a new standard for drone accuracy – offering Phantom 4 RTK customers centimeter-accurate data while requiring fewer ground control points.
Centimeter Level Positioning System
A new RTK module is integrated directly into the Phantom 4 RTK, providing real-time, centimeter-level positioning data for improved absolute accuracy on image metadata. Sitting just beneath the RTK receiver is a redundant GNSS module, installed to maintain flight stability in signal-poor regions such as dense cities. Combining both modules, the Phantom 4 RTK is able to optimize flight safety while ensuring the most precise data is captured for complex surveying, mapping and inspection workflows.
Fit the Phantom 4 RTK to any workflow, with the ability to connect this positioning system to the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station, NTRIP (Network Transport of RTCM via Internet Protocol) using a 4G dongle or WiFi hotspot, or store the satellite observation data to be used for Post Processed Kinematics (PPK).
Gather Accurate Data with TimeSync
To take full advantage of the Phantom 4 RTK’s positioning modules, the new TimeSync system was created to continually align the flight controller, camera and RTK module. Additionally, TimeSync ensures each photo uses the most accurate metadata and fixes the positioning data to the center of the CMOS – optimizing the results from photogrammetric methods and letting the image achieve centimeter-level positioning data.
Precise Imaging System
Capture the best image data with a 1-inch, 20 megapixel CMOS sensor. The mechanical shutter makes mapping missions or regular data capture seamless as the Phantom 4 RTK can move while taking pictures without the risk of rolling shutter blur. Due to the high resolution, the Phantom 4 RTK can achieve a Ground Sample Distance (GSD) of 2.74 cm at 100 meters flight altitude. To ensure each Phantom 4 RTK offers unparalleled accuracy, every single camera lens goes through a rigorous calibration process where radial and tangential lens distortions are measured. The distortion parameters gathered are saved into each image’s metadata, letting post-processing software adjust uniquely for every user.
Purpose-Built Flight Planning Application
A new GS RTK app allows pilots to intelligently control their Phantom 4 RTK, with two planning modes – Photogrammetry and Waypoint Flight – alongside a more traditional flight mode. The planning modes let pilots select the drone’s flight path while adjusting overlap rate, altitude, speed, camera parameters and more, offering an automated mapping or inspection workflow.
The GS RTK app has been built with its users in mind and therefore has a range of features built for specific mapping or inspection workflows. The app has implemented direct loading of KML area files for in-office flight planning, a new shutter priority mode to keep exposure consistent across all photos and a strong wind alarm to warn pilots of adverse conditions.
Mobile SDK Supported
The Phantom 4 RTK is compatible with the DJI Mobile SDK, opening up its functions to automation and customization through a mobile device.
OcuSync Transmission System
Enjoy stable and reliable HD image and video transmission at distances of up to 7 km, great for mapping larger sites.
Seamless Compatibility with D-RTK 2 Mobile Station
Support your Phantom 4 RTK missions with the D-RTK 2 Mobile Station – providing real-time differential data to the drone and forming an accurate surveying solution. The Mobile Station’s rugged design and OcuSync 2.0 transmission system ensures you can gain centimeter-level accurate data with your Phantom 4 RTK in any condition.
Start Mapping Today
With a built-in flight planning app (GS RTK) and aneasymethod to collect RTK data (RTK Network or D-RTK 2 Mobile Station), pilots have a full solution for any surveying, mapping or inspection workflow – right out of the box.
- Technical Specifications
- Takeoff Weight: 1391 g
- Diagonal Distance: 350 mm
- Max Service Ceiling Above Sea Level: 19685 ft
- Max Ascent Speed: 6 m/s (automatic flight); 5 m/s (manual control)
- Max Descent Speed: 3 m/s
- Max Speed: 31 mph (50 kph)(P-mode)
- Max Speed (continued...): 36 mph (58 kph)(A-mode)
- Operating Temperature Range: 0° to 40℃
- Max Flight Time: Approx. 30 minutes
- Single-Frequency, High-Sensitivity GNSS Module: GPS+GLONASS+Galileo
- Multi-Frequency Multi-System High-Precision RTK GNSS: Frequency Used: GPS: L1/L2; GLONASS: L1/L2; BeiDou: B1/B2; Galileo: E1/E5a
- Mapping Accuracy: Mapping accuracy meets the requirements of the ASPRS Accuracy Standards for Digital Orthophotos Class Ⅲ
- Ground Sample Distance(GSD): (H/36.5) cm/pixel
- Data Acquisition Efficiency: Max operating area of approx. 1 km² for a single flight
- Velocity Range: ≤50 kph at 6.6 ft(2 m) above ground with adequate lighting
- Altitude Range: 0-33 ft(0 - 10 m)
- Operating Range: 0-33 ft(0 - 10 m)
- Obstacle Sensing Range: 2-98 ft(0.7-30 m)
- FOV: Forward/Rear: 60° (horizontal), ±27° (vertical)
- FOV (continued...): Downward: 70° (front and rear), 50° (left and right)
- Measuring Frequency : Forward/Rear: 10 Hz; Downward: 20 Hz
- Operating Environment: Surfaces with clear patterns and adequate lighting(＞ 15 lux)
- Sensor: 1" CMOS; Effective pixels: 20 M
- Lens: FOV 84°；8.8 mm / 24 mm
- ISO Range: Video:100-3200(Auto) 100-6400(Manual)
- ISO Range (continued...): Photo:100-3200(Auto) 100-12800(Manual)
- Mechanical Shutter Speed: 8 - 1/2000 s
- Electronic Shutter Speed: 8 - 1/8000 s
- Max Image Size: 4864×3648 (4:3); 5472×3648 (3:2)
- Video Recording Modes: H.264，4K：3840×2160 30p
- Photo Format: JPEG
- Video Format: MOV
- Supported File Systems: FAT32（≤ 32 GB); exFAT（> 32 GB)
- Supported SD Cards: MicroSD, Max Capacity: 128 GB.
- Operating Temperature Range : 0° to 40℃
Intelligent Flight Battery(PH4-5870mAh-15.2V)
- Capacity: 5870 mAh
- Voltage: 15.2 V
- Battery Type: LiPo 4S
- Energy: 89.2 Wh
- Net Weight: 468 g
- Charging Temperature Range: -10° to 40℃
- Max charging Power: 160 W
Intelligent Battery Charing Hub(WCH2)
- Input Voltage: 17.3 - 26.2 V
- Output Voltage and Current: 8.7 V，6 A；5 V，2 A
- Operating Temperature: 5° to 40℃
- Stabilization: 3-axis (tilt, roll, yaw)
- Pitch: -90° to +30°
- Max Controllable Angular Speed: 90°/s
- Angular Vibration Range: ±0.02°
- Obstacle Sensing Range: 0.6-23 ft(0.2 - 7 m)
- FOV: 70°(Horizontal) ±10°(Vertical)
- Measuring Frequency : 10 Hz
- Operating Environment: Surface with diffuse reflection material, and reflectivity＞ 8%
- Transmission Power (EIRP): 2.4 GHz CE / MIC / KCC：< 20 dBm
- Transmission Power (EIRP) continu...: 5.8 GHz SRRC / FCC：< 26 dBm
- Max Transmission Distance: FCC：7 km； SRRC / CE / MIC / KCC：5 km
- Power Consumption: 16 W(typical value)
- Display: 5.5 inch screen, 1920×1080, 1000 cd/m²,
- Display (continued...): Android System Memory 4G RAM+16G ROM
- Operating Temperature Range : 0° to 40℃
Intelligent Flight Battery Charging Hub(PHANTOM 4 CHARING HUB)
- Voltage: 17.5 V
- Operating Temperature Range: 5° to 40℃
- Capacity: 4920 mAh
- Voltage: 7.6 V
- Battery Type: LiPo 2S
- Energy: 37.39 Wh
- Operating Temperature: -20° to 40℃
AC Power Adapter(PH4C160)
- Voltage: 17.4 V
- Rated Power: 160 W
Product Downloads Section
DJI PHANTOM 4 RTK – A Game Changer for Construction Surveying
Drone technology has helped the construction industry boost productivity and digitize workflows. The all-new DJI Phantom 4 RTK is the tool that takes construction mapping to a new level. Exceptional surveying deliverables can be achieved thanks to its built-in centimeter-level navigation and positioning system, as well as the high-performance imaging system that supports both RTK and PPK.
Watch how German construction group STRABAG leverages this innovative drone solution to streamline construction surveying workflows, increase efficiency and create detailed 3D models.