Faro Vantage Laser Trackers
Large-Scale, 3D Measurement is now Faster and Easier than ever with Faro Laser Trackers
FARO Vantage Laser Trackers optimize workflow productivity for large-scale metrology applications including, but not limited to, assembly alignment, part and assembly inspection, machine installation and alignment, and reverse engineering.
Both compact and portable; the Vantage line of laser trackers offers an array of amazing features:
- ActiveSeek technology that allows the laser trackers to find and follow the target, even after the user passes behind obstructions.
- 6DoF (6 Degrees of Freedom) Handheld 6-Probe enables the user to measure hidden areas that are not in direct line of sight, as well as small, tight, hard-to-reach areas.
- High-Speed Dynamic Measurement
- RemoteControls Workflow
- Exceptional Portability and Ruggedness
- Easy Integration with FARO’s Patented Super 6DoF TrackArm Solution
Faro Vantage Laser Tracker
The FARO Vantage Laser Trackers are high-performance, high-value laser trackers which allow users to maximize productivity and reduce inspection cycle times by 50% to 75%. So these laser trackers set the standard in workflow productivity management for metrology applications.
Faro Super 6DoF (6 Degrees of Freedom) TrackArm
Measure anything, any size, anywhere, at a fraction of the cost of other comparable systems
The FARO Super 6DoF TrackArm combines the FARO Vantage Laser Tracker platform (VantageS6, VantageE6, VantageS, VantageE, or legacy Vantage) with one or more FARO ScanArms to provide a large-scale, six-degrees-of-freedom capability for both probing and scanning. Switching between the Tracker and the Arm, users can reach hidden points – even around corners and inside hole features. Line-of-sight issues are eliminated.
The Super 6DoF TrackArm is available as a complete system consisting of the laser tracker, FaroArm or ScanArm, and TrackArm Kit. Typical measurement performance: 80µm + 5 µm/m
- Technical Specifications
Use the table below to evaluate the Vantage model that is best suited for your requirements.
VantageS6 VantageE6 VantageS VantageE Measurement Volume (Diameter) Spherically-Mounted Retroreflector (SMR) 524.9ft 229.7ft 524.9ft 229.7ft 6DoF (6Probe) * 98.4ft 98.4ft – – Super 6DOF 393.7ft 229.7ft 393.7ft 229.7ft Dynamic Measurement Speed (Points/Sec) 1,000 1,000 1,000 1,000 ActiveSeek
* Minimum measurement range for 6Probe is 2.5m
Quickly and efficiently locate and lock onto a target:
- A CMM machine that follows a moving target, even behind objects and/or obstructions by reconnecting as soon as the target is in view.
- Dynamic searching finds you wherever you are in the field of view.
- The widest field of view in the industry gives the user complete freedom to move throughout a large measurement envelope.
- Compatible with both conventional SMR probing and 6DoF probing.
6 Degrees of Freedom (6DoF)
The FARO 6Probe is a fully-integrated wireless handheld probe that dramatically increases versatility and efficiency of the laser measurement system.
- Delivers the ability to measure hidden areas (that are not in the direct line of sight) as well as small, tight, hard-to-reach spaces and on small features that cannot readily be probed with a standard SMR.
- Interchangeable styli ensure the right length and diameter for the job.
Fast Data Acquisition
- With a data output rate of 1,000 points per second, the Vantage Laser Trackers provide feedback for high-speed motion control and high-density scanning, making them ideal for automated applications.
Integrated Absolute Distance Measurement System (iADM)
- Our 6th generation iADM ensures exceptional accuracy. The VantageS and VantageE series laser trackers are the only portable CMM machines that measure angle and distance with a single, Class 1 (eye-safe) laser.
- Measurement reliability is improved because errors and drift associated with two-beam tracker technology are eliminated.
This feature enhances the workflow of a tracker by allowing a user to control the movements and other functions of the Vantage with a mobile phone or tablet.
- Live video feed from the tracker streams to your mobile device, allowing control anywhere in the working area.
- Remote on/off and scheduled warm-up improve workflow by making the Vantage ready for immediate operation when the user begins measuring.
With an ultra-compact size and no external control unit, these IP52-rated systems have been rigorously tested.
- Resistant to shock, vibration, temperature cycle, and humidity.
- Fits in a single case for transport, these trackers are ready to travel wherever you need them.
- Enabling continuous operation, eliminating the need for AC power.
A CMM machine built for enhanced portability and convenience.
- Faster connection time and greater range allow the Vantage to act as a WiFi access point.
- Dual WiFi and wired Ethernet enable a connection with a PC and wireless device simultaneously.
Robust tracking enables the Vantage 3D measurement system to be mounted on a variety of stands in many configurations.
- Vertically, horizontally, upside down.
- Can fit almost anywhere you need it.
Integrated Weather Station
Because atmospheric conditions matter.
- Continuously monitors temperature, air pressure, and humidity.
- The Vantage compensates accordingly to ensure accuracy.
Product Downloads Section
Introducing the FARO Vantage Laser TrackerAs the world's most trusted source for 3D measurement technology, FARO has reinvented high accuracy, large volume measurement with the FARO Vantage. Offering a breakthrough in laser tracker technology, the FARO Vantage provides the world's most complete laser tracking solution.When choosing a laser tracker, users have had to make compromises to get what they need. A solution that offers extreme portability, supreme accuracy, and shop-floor durability was simply not an option -- until now.